I am very honored to have been nominated for a Liebster Award. I was kindly nominated by http://talktoawall.wordpress.com/
Below you will find my responses to the questions I have been asked as part of the process.
Rules for Liebster Award:
Rule #1 – Post 11 random facts about yourself
Rule #2 – Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
Rule #3 – Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to do the same
Rule #4 – Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I was born in Frankfurt, Germany. I was considered an American citizen , born abroad of a military member.
2. I am Polish, English and Irish.
3. I am 48 and I miss what my face and body looked like at 25.
4. I love my bunny rabbit.
5. I sleep with stuffed animals for comfort. My favorite ones are my sheep, my piggy and my baby cow.
6. I love Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean. I thought he was so sexy that I watched it every night for a few weeks.
7. I love folding laundry. It reduces my anxiety. I sometimes unfold my laundry to fold it again.
8. I have severe anxiety in the morning when I wake up, before I even get out of bed.
9. I have insomnia because I fear the morning anxiety and worry about it the night before.
10. I have done extensive volunteer work with homeless people. I have gotten to know them personally.
11. I am able to create a connection with people that have dementia.
My Answers to the Questions Given to Me
1.If you had to eat the same meal everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be? Baked chicken, mashed potatoes (with butter) and a salad. Hot tea to drink.
2.Do you have any recurring dreams or recurring themes in your dreams? Yes, the recurring scary theme in my dreams is getting lost in a huge building , like a hospital or a hotel. No one is there except a random creepy person here and there that tell me there is no way out. I am lost and all the doors are locked. I go through hallways that confuse me. I can’t get out. I am disoriented and afraid I will be trapped there forever. It is kind of like the song Hotel California or the movie The Shining. (both of which I like, strangely)
3.What does blogging mean for you? I find that blogging serves more than one purpose for me. I want to help others who suffer with mental illness, like anxiety and depression. I hope they will feel validated and that we can come up with coping tools together. I also find it therapeutic to write my thoughts and feelings down and have them validated. It helps with my anxiety because when I am concentrating on writing and researching , the rational part of my brain seems to override the fear centers of my brain.
4.Would you choose ninja or pirate? vampire or werewolf? socks or hats? PIRATE – I would be a pirate because I love the freedom of being outside the status quo VAMPIRE – I would be a vampire because they are nocturnal and they are loners who can pick and choose when to interact with others. They are self-sufficient and do not rely on others. SOCKS – I would choose socks because my toes get too cold if they are out.
5.What is the one thing that always helps you relax or feel better? Emotional and physical intimacy.
6.If you celebrate Christmas, what present do you want the most this year? A GPS because as you can probably guess from my answer to question # 2, I have a fear of getting lost and a terrible sense of direction .
7.Do you feel more comfortable with yourself as you age? No. I don’t think so. I keep waiting to feel self-confident and for life to get easier but it does not. I feel like I keep going up the down escalator..
8.You have to choose between these hobbies : knitting? gardening? collecting items (and what items)? bird watching? bee keeping? My idea of bee keeping is to keep them outside LOL. I would choose collecting antique jewelry. It used to belong to someone who loved it and now I am protecting it for them.
When I wear it, I feel that part of the original owner is with me and hopefully appreciates that the jewelry piece ended up with someone who understands the sentimental value of it.
9. Do you have a favorite book or author? What about genre? I like the book Please Understand Me by Kersey. It is about personality types and I felt validated as to why I feel so different than others, when I first read the book.
10.Has social media brought you closer to people, or has it kept you from making genuine connections? Social media has allowed me to be able to connect with people similar to me. My personality type is in the minority so we are very spread out geographically. I have been able to find and connect with people that understand me better than a lot of the people I am around in person.
11.What is the reason and/or meaning behind your blog’s title? Gentle Kindness reflects my personality. It is my preferred way of seeing the world and interacting with other people.
My 11 Questions for the Blogs I Nominated
1. What movie or tv show character do you relate to the most and why?
2. If you could be the editor of a magazine, what would the theme of the magazine be?
3. What time of day are you most productive?
4. If you won a $1,000 gift card, what store would you want it for? (you would not have to spend it all in one trip)
5. Do you feel you are more introverted or extraverted and why?
6. If you could have a conversation with a famous person in history, who would it be?
7. If you had a time machine, what time period would you travel to and where?
8. What is one of your favorite things to do and why?
9. Who is someone who has been inspirational to you?
10. If you had more free time, what would you do with it?
11. If you could have a super-power what would it be and why?
My Nominees are as follows