Time for 10 random thoughts ….
1. I think that only people who have been through a trauma can understand. Maybe therapists that treat PTSD should be people that have been through trauma and are also trained to treat it. These people that have had cushy lives with no horrible mental injuries cannot understand. How can they help you, if they have no idea how you feel?
2. I love veggie straws and I sometimes eat them while sipping a peach fuzzy navel wine cooler. It is a strange flavor combination that I find oddly pleasurable
3. I love my bunny soooo much. He is sooo funny
4. I am tired and want to sleep for a week
5. Facebook has closed groups for mental health. There are some for bipolar disorder, PTSD, domestic abuse survivors , eating disorders etc. You can search tags in the facebook search bar. Type in anxiety, depression or mental illness or whatever you are looking for. Then you click to request to join the group. They usually approve you and then give you the group rules
6. Writing poetry is easy, dealing with live people is hard
7. Sometimes I am afraid I
8. My flute is broken and I want to buy a new one with the tax refund. Then I can play flute for you all 🙂
9. I think that blogging can be great therapy
10. Making certain kinds of lists can be therapeutic. The part of the brain that is involved in organizing and sorting ideas becomes activated. When that part is dominant, the fear center of the brain is quieter. Just make lists about things that are not anxiety provoking. You can list things about your mental health if it helps.
Ideas for lists
1. Lists within lists LOL
2. Lists about what to list LOL
6. People you like
7. Favorite somethings….animals, colors, sensations, movies….
8. Question that starts a list “What I would do if I were a queen..” “What I would change if I were president…” “What would I do if I lived in a a mansion?”
9. favorite post of Annie 🙂
10. Favorite posts of your own