Top Ten Things That Annie Hates About Being Sick at the Hospital
1. Sleeping in a VERY uncomfortable hospital bed.
2. Some other sick person slept in the bed right before I did
3. Some other sick person slept in the bed right before they did.
4. I have to use the toilet that some other sick person used just before I got there
5. Some other sick person used it before them
6. Trying to wipe your butt with IV lines attached to your wrist
7. Trying to wheel the IV gettup with you into the bathroom
8. The doctor asking you why you are in the hospital …Don’t they have a chart or something?
9. Being woken up to ask if you need a sleeping pill
10. Trying to get any help whatsoever at the shift change
11. Telling you yo unplug and wheel the IV contraption with you when you have to the toilet. The turning out all of your lights, so it is pitch dark when you wake up and really have to go.
12. Trying to change your hospital gown with the IV connected to your arm.
13. Being asked “Why are you requesting pain medication”
14. Having to rate everything you feel on a scale of 1 to 10.
15. Being asked if you enjoyed your lunch when you are on a clear liquid diet.
16. Some nurse taking away the medications from your purse and locking them away
17. When the really attractive male nurse comes into your room, smiles at you, and says….. We are going to need a stool specimen in this cup.
18. The fact that you are too sick to blog about it until you get home.
19. Finding creative places to hide your E-Cig
20. When the really cute male nurse comes back and reminds you about the stool specimen
21. Going to brush your teeth and realizing that the GREEN tongue that the sick people have in the cartoons was based on reality !