What would I want for Christmas if I could pick anything at all?
I thought this would be a good way of thinking about things and taking inventory , if you will, of my brain.
It might be helpful for you to make a list for yourself. It will not be a list that Santa will grant for you or that you may get any of at all. But it will help you to get to know yourself a little better.
1. Peace of mind. This is a phrase which is thrown around all the time. I am sure that different people have completely different ideas of what peace of mind means to them.
When I think of what it would be like to have peace of mind, I think of feeling calm and not having any anxiety, In order to not have anxiety, I would need to be financially stable, feel healthy and have a deep spirituality.
2. Time to create and connect. I always feel like I am squeezing out bits of time for the things that i love, in between doing the things I need to do in order to survive
. I would love to have unlimited time to create poetry, music, art and to write blogs. I would spend much more time really connecting with other people in a meaningful way.
3. A stronger and more flexible body to do yoga with. I love yoga and I feel better when I make the time to do it. I used to be able to do the postures better and with no pain.
I am losing flexibility and getting in and out of the postures is painful sometimes. I would like to be able to enjoy yoga and be able to progress into more advanced postures.
4, Passion. I want romantic passion and love that is unconditional and selfless. I want to have time to be close and not have to fit it in between all of the survival activities.
5. Magic. I want magic. Magical moments of connection. Magical spiritual experiences. Ability to see all the magic around me. Ability to create magic in people’s lives. The ability to put the ideas of quantum physics and the “power of intention”
* if you are unfamiliar with quantum physics, please watch “What the Bleep. Down the Rabbit Hole” movie*
6. Home. I have felt homesick for years. I want to live somewhere I feel I belong. A place that I had input on choosing. A place that feels safe and calm. A place that I can be myself. A place that has furniture and decorations that I love and had input in selecting.
7. To be seen. I feel invisible a lot of the time. I feel misunderstood , isolated and alienated. I want to be seen for who I am and have my intentions understood.
8. Humor. I would like to be able to laugh and smile. I would like to be myself and be able to express my sense of humor without being misunderstood. I would like for life to be peaceful enough that there was more room for laughter.
9. Inspiration. I would love to be able to easily access inspiration for creating music, art and writing without being burdened down with anxiety.
10.Acceptance. I want to be accepted for who I am. I want to be myself and not have to struggle to fit into the status quo. I want to not be punished when I think outside the box and do not just go along with what everyone else does.