I was nominated for a Liebster Award by nekaar
She is an awesome writer. I would encourage you to check out the link above.
The rules for the nominee are as follows
And here the rules for the Liebster award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 –11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
My Eleven Random Facts About Myself
1. I got very sick last year and thought I had a horrible disease.I had severe pain, dizziness, loss of sensation in my extremities, loss of balance and the ability to walk well, loss of coordination and severe mental fog. I even had trouble reading. I could not keep the thoughts organized in my brain.
After seeing many doctors and specialists and many tests, I finally discovered that I had ASPARTAME POISONING from drinking huge amounts of diet soda. I was up to three 2-liter bottles a day. I drank it warm out of the trunk of my car. I found out that when aspartame is heated to over 86 degrees it turns into formaldehyde. I had formaldehyde poisoning.
2. I switched to regular coke and have cut down to about one 2-liter bottle per day. I still have to have the coke by my bedside.
3. I have to get up 2 times during the night to pee and I make a point to know where the bathrooms are in stores and other places I go.
4. I don’t like mean people.
5. I sleep with lots of very soft blankets and no sheet. I like the feeling of the soft fuzzy material on me and I hate the feeling of cold sheets.
6. I sleep on a cheap air mattress from Walmart because I cannot afford a bed.
7. My ex- husband and I are very good friends.
8. I love the tv show Big Bang Theory and the tv series Sherlock
9. Some guy I dated a few years ago, hit me in the jaw so hard that it knocked my the bones in my cervical spine out place. I have had increasingly severe pain and problems with my neck since then. I always try to forgive people but I have not been able to forgive him for causing me pain for the rest of my life.
10. I have Raynaud’s Disease. This is a circulatory disorder which affects the extremities like the fingers and toes.
In the winter I have to keep my hands covered or they turn white (like paper) and get numb and then excruciating pain stabs through my fingers. The cure for this disorder, according to doctors is to Move to Florida! LOL If you are never cold then you have no symptoms.
11. I have a bachelors degree in music education from Towson State University. I also have 16 graduate credits in the same field . So I have a half of a masters degree for whatever that counts for 🙂 Not much LOL
Eleven Things I am grateful for
1. My beautiful daughters
2. My boyfriend who is also my best friends
3. My creativity
4. My ability to think outside the box
5. The fact that I was able to leave my old job, which was destroying my mental state and constantly causing new injuries to my body (as well as keeping old injuries of my spine to heal, from all the heavy lifting)
6. Writers that inspire me and cause me to think and create
7. The fact that I discovered the talks by the Buddhist monk Ajahn Brahm on youtube. He has been very comforting and inspiring to me
8. Ted Talks, because the speakers are very inspirational and I always learn something new and interesting.
9. My musical ability to sing and play guitar
9. My writing ability
10. Aesthetic pleasures and sensuality
11. The interesting people I have yet to meet and magical miracles yet to come
I am going to post my questions for my nominees with my nominee list in another post. I am being pulled into sleep by the muscle relaxer I took a half an hour ago. The words are jumping around on the page now.
I don’t usually take them unless the pain in my cervical spine is very severe, which it was all night at work.